Foundations of a Community Accelerator
▲ Roadmap Series
By: Michal Vavrek, Founder & Board Member, Adel
&: Gabriel Dusil, Co-founder & Board Member, Adel
Adel is passionate about creating a robust platform for blockchain innovation. We have great plans for the ecosystem. It is our intention to move forward with building the Adel ecosystem and progressing with our roadmap. For this reason, and in light of the ICO funding progress to date, we have prepared this revised and compelling roadmap for participants of the ICO.
Many contributors have commented that Adel is the most undervalued ICO at the moment. Our platform represents a unique opportunity for blockchain startups to be successful. Adel has strong leadership and expertise to make this happen, and it is our feeling that participants of the ICO also believe in our vision. The following plan, outlined in this paper, is a win-win from several angles:
- ICO participants have the ability to receive a new 20% Post·ICO bonus on their contributions – in addition to the ICO Bonuses achieved through the ICO.
- Contributors will receive higher market value for their ADL coins.
- The Adel Reserve (explained below) will enable the ability to raise further capital for new projects.
- Members of the community will benefit from the liquidity of the ADL coin.
Adel strongly believes in the vision of a collaborative community that will collectively create the foundations for launching successful projects.
Adel initially established 900 BTCs as a minimum to begin phase two of the ecosystem’s development. This phase entails: building the community, creating a legal structure for community members to participate in the community, and launching a selection of voted projects. From this minimum, 30% (270 BTC) was allocated to fund this process.
Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) and Know your Customer (KYC) compliance processes were necessary steps to protect the community. With cryptocurrencies becoming mainstream, it is only a matter of time before all projects comply with effective legislation and regulatory oversight. Adel took on this challenge as the first ICO to be compliant to regulations. With the proposed amendment of the European Union 4th AMLD (Anti-money Laundering Directive) explicitly regulating providers of virtual currencies services, which now awaits EU Parliament 1st reading, it is more than likely that compliance will be enforced on all crypto exchanges and wallet providers. On the other hand, these measures have attracted serious business executives who are interested in building Adel.
By establishing our legal entity, Adel Ecosystem Ltd., and registering as a Designated Business with the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority, Adelphoi is in line with valid laws and its AML compliance procedures are duly documented. We have also stated our future intention to release the Adelshare (ADS) token so that members will have ownership and profit sharing rights. In addition, we have hired a team of finance, legal, and investment experts to design the second phase of our strategy. We are proud to say that the foundations laid in phase one complement the processes we will have road mapped in phase two.
Adel fully intends to bring the community together and have everyone who invested over 1 BTC to become part of the community. Adel is ready to take on any project blockchain idea and turn it into a successful mainstream product. However, before we do this, we need to hold a vote in order to decide the path Adel should take based on the following proposal.
ICO Compensation Plan
With 900 BTC as our publicized minimum, this entailed a reserve of 30% (i.e. 270 BTC) to implement Adel’s second phase. The remaining 70% BTC would be used to fund community projects. In light of the current ICO crowdfund status, we have prepared a revised plan to ensure that enough seed capital will exist to sustain Adel’s growth for the foreseeable future. For this reason, we propose following:
Adel will establish a fixed rate for the Adel coin (i.e. based on the minimum amount required in the ICO). This fixed rate will be the initial market value for the ADL coin on exchanges:
The following example is based on Adel collecting 380 BTC from ICO contributions. The calculations below will be readjusted based on the final amount collected at the end of the 1st ICO (the accompanying spreadsheet can be used to calculate the final figures). Therefore, Adel will distribute a proportional percentage of 28,333,333 ADL coins to ICO participants, calculated as follows:
- Adel will offer a new favorable rate to ICO participants to reward their confidence in Adel’s vision. On this basis, an additional 20% will be allocated from the Adel Reserve (see below) for PostICO Participant Bonuses (this is in addition to bonuses received during the ICO):
- An ADL reserve, retained by the Adel Ecosystem to raise funds for future project equity, will be calculated as follows:
- The exact value of the ICO bonuses will not be known until the end of the ICO, and will be calculated from the contributions of all ICO participants.
- The ADL Reserve will initially be traded on exchanges at the fixed rate calculated above = 00003176 ADL per BTC. The BTC obtained will remain in escrow until the investment entity and the Adelshare ADS token is established (roadmap: phase two).
Adel is currently negotiating with exchanges to list our ADL coin. Listing ADL on exchanges will allow for a new wave of investors to join the community after the ICO, and potentially raise the value of ADL substantially after the ICO.
The accompanying spreadsheet can be used to calculate the Adel Wallet for any ICO participant. In this example, we assume that a participant has their Dashboard showing the following details:
- Your Share: 276% (Voting power will be recalculated based on active members)
- Your Contributions: 0072 BTC
- Adel Coins: 644,866 ADL (Wallet is recalculated below)
- Voting Bonus (Account tab): 8763 (or 17.50% averaged ICO bonus = “effective BTCs”).
- First of all, the participant’s Adel coins are recalculated based on the fixed rate above, 31,481.5 ADL per BTC, as follows:
- Secondly, their voting bonus is converted to an ICO bonus as follows:
- Thirdly, their PostICO Participant Bonuses is calculated as follows:
- This participant’s effective ADL return on investment is their ICO bonus + PostICO Participant Bonuses: 17.50% + 20% = 37.53%.
- From the figures above, their wallet and total bonuses are calculated as follows:
- Your Contributions: 0072 BTC
- ICO Contributions in ADL: 157,748 ADL
- ADL ICO Bonus (17.50%): 27,587 ADL
- Post·ICO Participant Bonus (20%): 31,527 ADL
- Total Wallet: 216,748 ADL
- The participant’s actual voting power will be calculated proportionally, based on the active members holding over 1 BTC in their wallet.
- Up to 270 BTC ▲ BTC funds up to 270 BTC will be released to Adel to fund phase two. BTCs raised from the sale of ADL on the exchanges from the Adel Reserve will be placed in escrow. Any BTC raised above 270 BTC will be stored in escrow.
- Up to 643 BTC ▲ This is the upper limit of the “ICO Compensation Plan” outlined above. This threshold is needed because the remaining Adel Reserve will be used to pay the 20% Post·ICO Participant Bonuses, plus the theoretical maximum of 20% paid for the ICO Bonuses, calculated as follows:
- Above 643 BTC up to 750 BTC ▲ In this bracket, ICO Bonuses will be calculated on a weighted distribution as outlined in White Paper #1. But ICO participants will still receive an additional 20% Post·ICO Participant Bonus for their participation:
- Above 750 BTC ▲ All bonuses will be calculated on a weighted distribution as outlined in White Paper #1. Voting will be held by members contributing over 1 BTC during the ICO to decide on the ICO Compensation plan above.
- Above 900 BTC ▲ All bonuses will be calculated on a weighted distribution as outlined in White Paper #1. No voting will be held because the ICO minimum will have been achieved.
As per the use of funds, 270 BTC from the BTCs collected from the ICO will be released from escrow immediately after the ICO in order to build the community, portal modules, and create a legal structure for community members to participate in community investments through the ADS token (as per originally planned). BTC collected from the Adel Reserve and sold on the exchanges will be escrowed and released after the investment vehicle is established (phase two). In addition:
- All community members who contributed over 1 BTC will vote on the release of the 270 BTCs to Adel based on the above plan, proportional to their voting power. The final decision on how to proceed will be made by those who have voted.
- If the community votes “Yes”, then Adel will proceed with the Post ICO Strategy (above). Adel will also assess if these funds will allow at least one global project to be launched.
- If the community votes “No”, then all BTC contributions will be refunded without bonuses. Adel will then retain all 28,333,333 ADL to be then sold to interested parties at an initial fixed rate of 1 ADL = 0.00003176 BTC.
- ICO Terms & Conditions will be updated to reflect the changes in this white paper.
- Participants who would like a refund of their ICO contributions before the community vote of this plan can send their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be issued based on the email address of the participant and their BTC refund address (provided in the settings menu of their ICO module). Refunds will only be accepted before the voting window commences on these planned changes to the ICO Terms & Conditions.
- Participants can be refunded their contributions, if they wish, before voting commences on this plan.
- Participants will be able to receive their contributions back in BTC if this plan receives a majority “No” vote from the community members who contributed over 1 BTC.
- If a majority vote to this plan is “Yes”, then participants will be issued ADL coins based on their ICO contribution as per the example calculations in this paper, plus an additional 20% Post·ICO Participant Bonus, plus their ICO Bonuses.
The Adel Board has ambitious plans to launch the community portal and to launch global projects owned by the community through the ADS token. Areas which have not yet been publicized and are planned for a new white paper include:
- Plans to open the first professionally managed cryptocurrency investment platform to effectively manage funds collected and traded on speculation. This will be part of a risk management strategy for community funds, and any licenses and legal entities to realize this goal will be pursued.
- Adel also plans to open a cryptocurrency trading platform for community members.
- Regarding projects, the focus will be to propose and communally enhance FinTech projects such as cryptocurrency exchange with financial instruments, Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF) investment funds, and a P2P ATM, all of which will be available for the community to vote on.
- In addition, Adel continues to strategize on business plans that will maximize value for the Adel community.
Adel is a technology incubator for blockchain innovation.
- Adel is a global cryptocurrency community that is self-sustained and offers its own economic ecosystem with the Adelphoi token. Our community focuses on creating, developing and implementing use cases involving blockchain technology that covers a wide range of digital and physical industries. Projects are chosen by the community and successful ventures are either re-invested in for further growth or issued as rewards to Adel’s stakeholders.
About the Authors
Michal is an entrepreneur with international experience specializing in global business development and project management. He graduated from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business with a degree in Finance and International Business and worked in various capacities in New York, Zurich and Prague. Michal is an active cryptocurrency entrepreneur with an extensive background in Forex algorithmic trading strategies and is always seeking new opportunities that maximize blockchain technologies.
Gabriel is a seasoned sales and marketing expert with over twenty years of experience in senior level positions at companies such as Motorola, VeriSign (part of Symantec), and SecureWorks (part of Dell). His strengths lie in international business development and strategic partnerships, as well as the unique ability to translate complex ideas and technologies into language that decision makers can easily understand. Gabriel has a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from McMaster University in Canada and possesses expert knowledge in cloud computing, IT security, and video streaming technologies (Over the Top Content, OTT). Gabriel also runs his own company, Euro Tech Startups s.r.o., and manages two blogs: https://dusil.com/ and https://gabrieldusil.com/.
 Reference: White paper #10, “Designing a Blockchain Incubator”.
 Reference: White paper # 1, “Building a Decentralized Ecosystem”